Friday 27 June 2008

Encounter with Subaru boy

Had the stereotypical brush with Subaru boy (SB) this morning as I was parking my car at the local Costco store. SB of course burns past me in the car park and steals the space I had just spotted. He then performs the fastest stop and 'reverse into parking space' manoeuvre possible. As I drive past him at a leisurely 3 miles an hour I indicate with up and down flat hand movements that he needs to slow things down.

I park and of course before I have the key out of the ignition, SB is outside the drivers door. I open door to be met with tirade of abuse like 'you a*sehole if you weren't so indecisive' etc etc He then walks off shouting that I am a 'd*ickhead' at the top of his voice repeatedly and giving me the finger. Of course SB is only recently out of nappies (diapers) and is a tradesman designate. He doesn't own a single wheel on the souped up Subaru boy racer and probably borrowed it from a mate, no doubt 1 year older than himself. Had this taken place in the USA he would probably have blown me away with a .45 or such like and then gone off for a burger to go. When I lived in Miami, dafter things happened.

What was really strange about this was that SB then proceeded back to his car and drove off. Possibly he was just exercising his aggressive parking skills and road rage handling but you never can tell...

Perhaps one day we won't allow young idiots to own ridiculously powerful cars like this one and then we won't see so many deaths. In my town where we are surrounded by roundabouts and dual carriageways, speeds are excessive and I regularly see boy racer's cars wrapped around trees, lamp posts and anything else they manage to tangle with. I couldn't begin to estimate the fatality count but it has to be stupendously high.

No comments: